1. What are cookies
In accordance with applicable law, we may include visible and invisible image files in our newsletters and other marketing e-mails. If such image files are retrieved from our servers, we can determine whether and when you have opened the e-mail, so that we can measure and better understand how you use our offers and customize them. You may disable this in your e-mail program, which will usually be a default setting. By using our websites and consenting to the receipt of newsletters and other marketing e-mails you agree to our use of such techniques. If you object, you must configure your browser or email program accordingly.
- When you use and access the website, we may place a number of cookie files in your web browser.
In addition, we use plug-ins from social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Google+, Pinterest or Instagram on our websites. This is visible for you (typically based on the respective
symbols). The operators of the respective social networks may record that you are on our website and where on our website you are exactly and may use this information for their own purposes. This processing of your personal data lays in the responsibility of the respective operator and occurs according to its data protection regulations. We do not receive any information about you from the respective operator.
- We use both session and persistent cookies on the platform and we use different types of cookies to run the platform:
- Essential or required cookies: We may use essential or required cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts;
- Third-party cookies: In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the platform, deliver advertisements on and through the platform, and so on.
3. What are your choices regarding cookies
4. Where can you find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies at the following third-party websites:
- AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/